– your KEYS to Evolving to your HIGHEST potential, consciously.
The parasympathetic nervous system restores the body to a calm and composed state and prevents it from overworking.
It helps you to:
- Restore balance and equilibrium physiologically so that your body can heal and return to its natural state of wellbeing.
The sympathetic nervous system, on the other hand, prepares the body for fight and flight response.
* Stimulates adrenals (the glands that sit on top of the kidneys) to
* Release adrenal/noradrenalin and cortisol which are hormones that
* Make you think/act/move more quickly
* Veins tighten so that your blood pumps more quickly
* Heart-rate rises and senses are magnified “you feel totally switched on”
Whilst being on and active is great for achieving your goals in small doses, when we are constantly “on” we become reactive rather than responsive, and find ourselves making choices out of pressure (anxiety & fear-driven) because we feel we have to – rather than because of pleasure (because things truly feel “right” or good to us).
When we are ”on” too much the switch between the Symp and Parasymp nervous systems can get “stuck” in the Sympathetic side. Which means you feel “wired” and tired but cannot sleep because our whole being – our mind-body-soul system – has forgotten how to switch off and slow down.
The restorative yoga, guided breath-led relaxations, yoga Nidra (yogic sleep) and guided Visualisation within the retreat are all designed to take you into the Parasympathetic side of your nervous system, so you “remember” and “reset” to create, be and, even, achieve more, from a place of holistic wellbeing in a state of “rest”.
After all, in the wild, Zebras would run away from Lion’s – and then simply stop and eat grass again – and this is why we as human beings had the same “on-off” system installed. So it can be good to ask yourself: which wolves and lions are you running away from? What do YOU need to do to reassure your MIND that you are safe and secure enough to slow down, so that your system – as a whole – can restore?
Join us online from 29-31st January to learn these tools and techniques and so much more! Join the Human R-evolution.
Photo credit: Sofia Gomez