Ahhhh mothering Sunday. At least in England it is….. Spain is on May 6th and, here at Ibiza Retreats, we firmly believe in honouring all of the days we can celebrate and appreciate the many amazing mothers out there.
Whether you are a mother yourself through birth or by appointment. Thank you. From the bottom of our hearts.
There is no love like a mother’s love. So they say. The many wonderful therapists we work with also give you a feeling, we feel, of being back in the womb, cupped and care for, nourished and received, however you are.
Many mothers put their own needs to one side: caring first for their brood, for their descendants and for their family unit. Yet as the roles of men and women evolve and our minds awaken to pastures of perspective new, it is also vital to remember that for a mother to be the vital life force within the family tree, she also needs to ensure that she nourishes her needs.
So for all mothers out there today – whether in body, mind or spirit – remember to take time for yourself to replenish your “cup” first. For when your cup floweth over, as the old saying goes, your filling up of your families’ cups, is all the more easy and natural. Sounds so easy doesn’t it?
For all mothers out there who have been free spirits and independent life travelers, the reality of being physically needed by a young child is also incredibly demanding. As much as we love that little one; as much as we cherish the grace of the universe for blessing us with our daughter or son, the reality is that we are human beings and as mothers, have our own needs too.
So on this day and for the week and year ahead, we encourage you to:
(1) Recognise your needs – as YOU and then as a mother – physically, time, space, mind, body, heart
(2) Paint or write or collage them onto a board where you can see them
(3) Ask yourself honestly – how often do I need these things in my life so that I can be my best for my family too?
(4) Talk to your support network – husbands, friends, family, babysitters, creches, schools and beyond – and create that time to be and feel YOU
(5) Affirm to yourself that you DO deserve it and – that like all motors – use needs to refuel REGULARLY too!
Appreciate your mother WILDLY today! Lavish her with love – wherever she is right now. Send her thoughts and intentions to also care for yourself so that you can care for your loved ones in the way that feels best to you.
Happy mothers day….
With huge love and gratitude – all the team at Ibiza Retreats…
And… p.s. check out our “new for 2012” MOTHER LOVE retreat!