We hope you will find this information useful to help you prepare for your Ibiza Retreat.
Planning your arrival…
Check-in is from 4pm on the day of arrival. We cannot allow earlier arrivals as our cleaning and maintenance team will be in situ, working their magic!
If you are arriving earlier in the day, we recommend you spend a relaxing few hours at Atzaro, which is a beautiful Agroturismo and Spa not far from the retreat.
They have a lovely offer for lunch and use of the spa – although we should warn you that service in the restaurant is very relaxed and laid back, so lunch can take quite a while! If you’re only going to be there for a short time, it is as well just to maybe have a tea or a juice and relax in the lovely gardens.
VERANDA MENU & SPA DAY ACCESS – 70€
(Access to Spa facilities + Lunch menu at La Veranda Restaurant)
A day in Atzaró where you will enjoy an exquisite menu in our Veranda Restaurant, surrounded by the gardens and nature of the Mediterranean. Appetizer, entree and dessert, all made with fresh ingredients and food from our organic garden. On top of that you can enjoy all of our spa facilities: Spa pool, sauna, hammam, gym and multiple relaxation zones, on top of access to our main pool and pool bar.
Booking is essential; you can book online at Atzaro.com or call them on 34 971 33 88 38. Let them know you are coming to stay with Ibiza Retreats and they will advise you of what will work best for the hours you are there.
The nearest town to Casa Lakshmi is Santa Eularia – a town with a wonderful beach and a town square with plenty of little cafes, juice bars and many interesting shops – a lovely place to spend a few hours.
If you are staying at Can Amonita, the nearby village of Santa Gertrudis has a beautiful square where you can relax and watch the world go by, or take a gentle stroll around the chic little shops and boutiques. For lunch, we highly recommend Wild Beets, which is an excellent health food restaurant, with wonderful ‘clean-eating’ dishes and delicious detox juices.
Preparing yourself to retreat…
There are some other little things we recommend you do, to help you prepare for your Ibiza Retreat, so you get the most out of the experience and gain the most benefits.
We like to think of it as ‘preparing holistically’ for your time with us, in body, mind and soul…
We will be inviting you to gently purify through yoga, our delicious vegetarian clean-eating menu and a range of wonderful workshops, treatments and therapies. Therefore we recommend you reduce your intake of coffee and alcohol over the coming days, to ready your body for this gentle cleanse. Please note that we do not serve coffee on the retreats due to its stimulant effects on the body, especially the adrenals.
As well as gentle coaching, meditation and many more ‘mind-freeing’ techniques, we also invite you to have a digital detox during the retreat, so it can be helpful to to advise friends, families and colleagues that you will be ‘switching off’ and unplugging during the retreat to really tune back in to yourself. For those of you who will have to contact family during your retreat, we suggest you schedule a time, then leave the rest of the day free from digital contact if you can.
You will have plenty of time and space to listen to your heart! So why not bring a notebook and pens with you, to jot down reflections, wishes, learnings and needs. Writing these thoughts, and your mental and emotional processes as you experience them, can be really therapeutic, and a very valuable tool to take back into your day-to-day life. Some of our guests have brought ‘mindful’ colouring books with them, or maybe you just want to bring a good book with you that you haven’t had the time to read!
Needs to Knows & What to Brings…
We recommend to “dress like an onion” – layers are wonderful to be able to peel off to enjoy the suns rays and warm up especially in the early mornings and late at night. Ibiza is a “humid” island
What to Bring
- Cash in euros for your balance payment *unless you have already paid in full.
- Suntan lotion – for the body & face!
- Flip-flops – and trainers for the sunset hike, heels for an evening out if you wish
- Insect repellent
- Swimming costume / shorts / bikini
- Beach towels/sarongs are great to bring, sarongs are fantastic for yoga
- Evenings dress-up as much as you wish to, dress down and relaxed in the campo – do what feels good! Last evening out supper – you may want to dress up for.
- Sunhat & glasses
- Beach towel (personal sarong and bathroom / pool towels are all provided, but the retreat towels must not be taken to the beach.)
For Spring and Autumn Retreats
- Boots, Flip-flops, and trainers for exploring, heels for an evening out if you wish!
- Insect repellent
- Cardigans, jumpers, jackets, scarfs, long trousers
- Yoga Mats & More
- We provide you with good yoga mats, but if you like, you can bring your own and you are welcome to.
- Do bring layers and loose clothing, or a comfy wrap for Sivassanas
Banks / Shops / Pharmacies & Extra Euros
- Ibiza is mostly a cash culture – credit cards can be used in shops and pharmacies. You will require cash for any optional extra treatments or therapies you might choose to have, but we can arrange for a host to take you to an ATM at the end of your stay if required.
- Banks are open in the morning 8.30 – 2pm Mon – Fri
- ATM’s are available in the surrounding villages at any time (normally up to £300 per day can be withdrawn depending on your requirements.
- Shops are open 10 – 2pm and 5pm – 8pm – some are closed on Saturday afternoons and most pharmacies and shops are closed on Sundays.
- Most prescriptions can be bought over the counter in case of emergency
- Please note – when driving, avoid parking on yellow lines – you may get a ticket or even, be towed!
Parking!! Blue spaces are dedicated parking – check on the machine for parking hours – normally 9 – 2 and then again 4 – 8 or 9pm.
If you are planning on hiring a car, we recommend MotoLuis who are a family run business who have been established in Ibiza for decades. They are not the cheapest but their service is the best, with no hidden charges! If you email Marta on firstname.lastname@example.org and say you are staying with Ibiza Retreats, they will give you the very best rates!
On your final day, check-out is normally midday, after yoga, light snacks. We cannot offer late check-outs as the retreat has to be prepared for the next groups. The hosts will offer to call taxis on the morning of departure, as these cannot be pre-booked in Ibiza. If you are not flying until later in the day and fancy some bit of beach-time before you go home, we suggest Talamanca beach for some last hours of sunbathing or lunch in one of the pretty beach-side cafes. We also recommend El Chiringuito where you can have a lovely lunch served to you on your sun lounger – but you need to get there early in high season. Both of these beaches are only a 10-15 taxi ride to the airport.
If you have any other questions about anything at all prior to your arrival, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
We look forward to warmly welcoming you to Ibiza.
Sarah, Katie and the Ibiza Retreats team xxx