Autumn is when our whole body needs us to slow down.
With less sunshine to charge our batteries we physically do need to rest more, to look inwards and care for our whole selves. It is a time in nature when we most need to restore our system, replenish our organs – especially kidneys, adrenals and liver – and to slooooooow down.
So these discomforts and dis-eases that are all different forms of sickness have many benefits in handkercheifed disguise!
It is our body’s way of allowing our immune system to recover, of expiating toxins = physical, emotional, stress-induced and excess-induced so that we can rebalance our system for the winter time.
* You have to slow down – and even stop completely if bed-rest is required. This can stop the over-thinking mind and create time and space to allow new insights, inspirations and reflections and learnings to flow in.
* You have to begin to take care of yourself properly, eating the right foods, listening to your body’s needs – and the needs of your whole being
* In listening to your body and drinking more water, upping your Vitamin C you are bringing your equilibrium back into balance
* In clearing your throat with coughs and lungs and chest with sneezes you are opening up your heart space and your throats to be able to express and communicate your needs more easily
* This allows you to speak your truth even more easily and freely allowing your vital life force energy to flow, so that you can live in greater balance and harmony
So when you feel your body aching, the exhaustion kicking in, say thank you to your body for giving you a clear message: that it is time to retreat and to take care of yourself, to reconnect with your needs so that you can enjoy more and more wellbeing!
Larah Davis is the founder of Ibiza Retreats and also offers 1:1 Life and Wellness Coaching, health checks and harmonising for body, mind and soul – email: email@example.com for more information…
Ibiza Retreats are offering tailor-made retreats for single travellers, couples, friends and families this winter-time… enjoy the white island’s winter sunshine, yoga, walking, time in nature, slow down, be, with holistic “MOT’s, destress and pamper with plenty of massage and therapies, delicious organic food nourish your spirit and magical mother nature, beaches and pine-forests to replenish your soul…